Positions Currently Available
AmeriCorps Construction Crew Leader
Gwinnett Habitat for Humanity is looking to add a new member to our family. Have a heart for helping your community? Help us build better homes and brighter futures for families by serving as a Construction Crew Leader to help build new homes and assist with home repair projects.
Construction crew leaders play an integral part in building and repairing more homes, leading to better neighborhoods and communities. As a construction crew leader, you will lead and develop groups of skilled and unskilled volunteers and homeowner families in construction activities all while maintaining a safe, efficient work environment. Using volunteer management techniques, you will manage volunteers and homeowner families as they assist in the building of new homes and/or repairing existing homes or completing weatherization projects. Together, you will perform hands-on construction tasks including, but not limited to, demolition, framing, insulation, drywall, flooring, roofing, finish carpentry and landscaping. Please Note: while construction experience is helpful, it is not required.
AmeriCorps Member Benefits of Service:
- Living allowance minimum of $15,570 for a full 46½ weeks of service
- Segal Education Award of $6,095 (upon successful completion of service) – lifetime maximum of 2
- Affordable Care Act-compliant health plan.
- Student Loan Forbearance (if eligible)
- Child Care Benefits (if eligible)
- Approx. 10 holidays (dependent on service location)
- Member Assistance Program (MAP) – offers free services, such as counseling and financial planning resources